The Smoky Mountain Sevier Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) is again offering to three lucky recipients, a Business Image Makeover! We have centered our planning for this around our Chapter’s Vision Statement:
Together we can be a network of women joined together in friendship, supporting one another in professional and personal growth, and passionately working to empower the women of our community to acquire the education, skills, and resources necessary to build self-sufficient prosperous lives.
An independent panel will choose three individuals for a Business Image Makeover. To apply, participants must write a minimum 100-word essay answering the following: (1) Why are you the perfect candidate for a professional business makeover? (2) What do you hope to achieve by being awarded this opportunity?
The recipients must be willing to:
- Attend and be introduced to the ABWA membership at the August 21, 2014 meeting from 6-8 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge.
- Attend the all day training and coaching session on August 22, 2014. On this day, each winner will meet with an Image Consultant on Professional Image and Personal Presentation as well as receive coaching by a business college professor on resume writing and interviewing skills.
Also, as part of the package:
- Winners will receive a free haircut, color and style of choice, a free makeup consultation, a free business outfit, a free pair of dress shoes, a free day planner and business supplies.
- Winners will receive a free ticket to and be expected to attend The Polished Professional Business Seminar
Two runner-ups will be chosen and they will get to take part in the training and coaching session on August 21 as well as receive a free ticket to attend The Polished Professional Business Seminar on September 10.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a Sevier County resident (proof of residency required)
- Be able to provide own transportation
- Provide an answer to both questions in their minimum 100-word essay
- Make a verbal commitment to attend all required meetings
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent
The theme for this year’s Polished Professional Business Seminar is: Ladies of Leadership – Providing professional tools to enable businesswomen to succeed. Tickets are on sale now at www.abwasevier.org. This event will take place on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm at the Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge Convention Center and will cover the following topics:
Improving and Appreciating Your Life
The Difference Between Goal Setting and Goal Getting
Amplifying your Communication Skills
How to Build Stronger Relationships and Customers
Unconscious Mistakes Women make that Sabotage their Careers
Time Management with Today’s Technology
Social Media Do’s and Don’ts and Cyber Security
Own It! Take Charge of Your Life
The deadline for Business Image Makeover applications is July 31, 2014. To enter send your essay to: [email protected] Please put in the email subject box: Business Image Makeover.