A one of a kind opportunity to be the first guests to enjoy Dolly Parton’s celebrity suite will be auctioned off at the Evening of Elegance fundraiser this weekend.
Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort has announced the auction of an incredible vacation package that includes a 3-night stay in Dolly’s Suite Dreams when the resort opens in the summer of 2015. The auction will take place at the Evening of Elegance, a benefit for the Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation.
The winning bidder for Dolly’s Suite Dreams Package will receive:
- A three-night stay for four guests in the 2,200-sq.-ft. suite;
- Four (4) Dollywood theme park one-day admission tickets with one complimentary Q2Q line management device;
- Four (4) Dollywood’s Splash Country one-day admission tickets with one complimentary Time Saver line management device;
- A one-day complimentary Riverside Retreat at Dollywood’s Splash Country;
- Complimentary breakfast for four (4) at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort farmhouse-style restaurant;
- Complimentary lunch or dinner for four (4) at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort farmhouse-style restaurant;
- Complimentary admission for four (4) at Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede Dinner Attraction in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.;
- Special transportation from Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort to each of the abovementioned attractions;
- A special in-suite welcome gift from Parton;
- An exclusive meet and greet with Parton;
- Complimentary meals for the duration of the stay.
“Of course, I know how spectacular Dolly’s Suite Dreams is going to be because I’m helping with the design, selecting this and that to help decorate and make it special and feel like home,” Parton said. “So I’m actually going to be the very first person to spend the night there then I’ll welcome this lucky winner and his or her friends as my first official guests. I guarantee it will be the experience of the lifetime at my new Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort. And knowing that this helps the Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation, which is so very dear to my heart, makes it all the more special for me.”
The Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation is a not-for-profit charitable organization established in 1983 to help expand the range and quality of health care services available in Sevier County. Named in honor of Dr. Robert F. Thomas, a minister and family physician who came to Sevier County in 1926, the Foundation continues his work to serve the healthcare needs of this community and is the fundraising arm for Leconte Medical Center.
Dolly is just one of the many babies Dr. Thomas delivered during his career in Sevier County. She serves as an honorary chairperson for the Foundation.
The theme of this year’s 25th Annual Evening of Elegance is “To Your Health!” and will celebrate the donors and sponsors who have made the Foundation’s success possible through their generosity.
The Evening of Elegance will take place August 16, 2014 at the Sevierville Convention Center. The night will begin at 6:00 p.m. with a cocktail reception and silent auction. Attendees will enjoy a dinner of beef tenderloin and crab cakes, live auction and dancing to the music of Soul Connection.
Covenant Health has signed on as the event’s first ever Diamond Sponsor.
“We’re excited about Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and couldn’t be happier that Dolly has so generously given the Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation the chance to auction the first stay in Dolly’s Suite Dreams celebrity suite,” said Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation Executive Director Deborah Dowling. “Dolly is going to help us make someone very, very happy, and we’re thrilled to be a part of this.”
Proceeds from the Evening of Elegance will fund a renovation and refurbishing project at Fort Sanders Sevier Nursing Home.
Tickets are limited. They are $200 per person and may be purchased by calling 865-446-9628.