There are volunteer opportunities available for teenagers at LeConte Medical Center this summer.
LeConte Medical Center in Sevierville is now accepting applications for junior volunteers for summer 2015. Junior volunteers commit to provide at least four hours of service per week at the hospital or nursing home, for a minimum of six weeks.
Junior volunteers with LeConte Medical Center perform duties such as:
- Answering phones
- Clerical work
- Preparing patient packets
- Preparing rooms for patients
- Sales assistance and stocking in the Gift Shop
- Helping staff stock supplies and delivering supplies throughout the hospital
- Coordinating crafts and games, reading to residents in the Nursing Home
- Assisting families of patients in surgery
Applicants must be 14-17 years of age by May 1, 2015 and maintain A/B grades to be eligible.
To apply, visit www.lecontemedicalcenter.com/juniorvolunteers and complete the application and application supplement documents, including availability information, reference from school counselor or teacher, parental consent, and up-to-date immunization records. Completed forms must be returned to the volunteer office by Friday, April 10, 2015.
Applicants chosen for the junior volunteer program must attend a mandatory orientation session on June 3 or June 11.
Call (865) 446-8406 for more information.