MARCH 3, 2015 UPDATE: The LeConte Medical Center Community Health Fair has been rescheduled for Thursday, March 12, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. due to winter weather.
A health fair in Pigeon Forge will offer free health screenings and educational information, as well as reduced-price blood screenings.
LeConte Medical Center invites the public to “Spring into Good Health” by attending a community health fair 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. on March, 12, 2015 at the Pigeon Forge Community Center.
Garnet Southerland, community health & wellness supervisor at LeConte Medical Center worked together with the City of Pigeon Forge and the Community Center to organize the event.
This health fair is open to the public. No appointments necessary.
FREE Health Screenings:
- Blood Pressure
- Carotid Artery Screening
- Cardiac rhythm screening
- And many others
Optional Blood Tests Available for a fee:
- Blood Chemistry Profile (includes lipid panel, total protein, etc.): $20 (Note: 12-hour fasting is recommended. All regular medications should be taken. Individuals with diabetes should consult with their physician prior to fasting.)
- Complete Blood Count: $15 (includes white and red blood cell, and platelet count)
- Prostate Specific Antigen: $20
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: $20
- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein: $20 (used to assess coronary artery inflammation)
- Hemoglobin A1C: $20 (used to assess glucose level over a 3 month period)
The Pigeon Forge Community Center is located at 170 Community Center Dr. in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Call 865-453-WELL (9355) for additional information.