Gatlinburg Convention and Visitors Bureau won seven prestigious Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards for its events and promotions.
The International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) paid tribute to the best promotional campaigns and events in the world at the 20th Annual Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards held during the organization’s 60th Anniversary Convention & Expo in Tucson, Ariz. last month. Gatlinburg Convention and Visitors Bureau brought home awards in the following categories:
- Gold in “Best Full Length TV Program” for Beans and Cornbread Festival featured on Great American Country Channel
- Gold in “Best Full Length TV Program” and “Best Event Video” for the 39thFantasy of Lights Christmas Parade
- Silver in “Most Creative News Stunt” for Gatlinburg “Nose” Christmas
- Bronze in “Best Event E-Newsletter” for Summer 2015
- Bronze in “Best Social Media Site” for Gatlinburg “Nose” Christmas, partnered with Paramore, the digital agency
- Bronze in “Best Event Mobile App” for Gatlinburg “Nose” Christmas
“This is a great honor for the City of Gatlinburg and our organization at the Convention and Visitors Bureau,” said Vicki Simms, Gatlinburg Convention and Visitors Bureau executive director. “There are so many people that put countless hours into promoting and executing our wonderful events throughout the year. It’s really gratifying to see it pay off with recognition of this magnitude.”
Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, the International Festivals & Events Association offers the most complete source of ideas, resources, information and education for festival and event professionals worldwide. The organization draws entries from among the world’s top festivals and events, such as Ludwig Van Beethoven Easter Festival in Krakow, Poland; the Singapore Garden Festival, Singapore; and RedFilo Events in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Awards were handed out in 68 total categories, with the highest award, the Grand Pinnacle, given by IFEA in recognition of those festivals and events that have a balance of all the elements necessary to ensure a successful event.
Photo: Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade