Pigeon Forge Hospitality Association is presenting a panel discussion on the Labor and Affordable Housing crisis in Pigeon Forge and Sevier County at the March 10, 2016 meeting hosted by The Holiday Inn Convention Center. Panelists will discuss the challenges facing companies, employees, developers, and the community while exploring ways to work towards solutions. The panel will include:
- Nancy Brown, Dean of Workforce Development at Walters State Community College
- Martha Axford, Chair of Workforce Connections, Area 3, Knox County, Tennessee Department of Labor
- Gary Gibbs, Affordable Housing Developer
- David Taylor, Pigeon Forge Community Development Director
- Wojtek Iwaszkiewicz, International Staffing, Orange Hospitality Group, Atlanta, GA
- Pam Caskie, Director of Planning and Development, City of Sevierville and SCEDC Workforce Task Force Member
Presiding over the meeting will be PFHA President Karl Thomas with the panel discussion moderated by Pigeon Forge Mayor David Wear.
Sign in begins at 11 a.m. at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 3230 Parkway in Pigeon Forge, with the luncheon meeting to follow at 11:30 a.m.
This meeting is open to the public and membership is not required. Luncheon details and registration at: http://www.pfha-march10.eventbrite.com Members and guests must register to attend.