LeConte Medical Center, in conjunction with the City of Pigeon Forge, is pleased to host their annual spring health fair event 9–11 a.m. on Friday, March 24, 2017. The health fair event will feature free health screenings, and reduced-price lab work and is open to the public. Some of the free screenings that will be available are blood pressure checks, bone density screening, carotid ultrasound screening, balance screening, body fat analysis and more. Local healthcare providers and health specialists will be on-hand with free, helpful health information.
Reduced price blood work will also be available during the health fair for these tests:
- Blood Chemistry Profile – includes lipid panel, total protein, etc. (NOTE: 12-hour fasting is recommended. All regular medications should be taken. Individuals with diabetes should consult with their physician prior to fasting.) $20
- Complete Blood Count – includes white and red blood cell, and platelet count: $15
- Prostate Specific Antigen: $20
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone: $20
- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein – used to assess coronary artery inflammation: $20
- Hemoglobin A1C – used to assess glucose level over a three month period: $15
The community health fair event will be held in the gym at the Pigeon Forge Community Center, located at 170 Community Center Drive in Pigeon Forge. MEDIC Regional Blood Center will have their blood mobile on-site, hosting a blood drive from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. No appointments are necessary for the health fair. If you have any additional questions you can call (865) 453-9355. For event updates follow LeConte Medical Center on Facebook.