Annually the Volunteers at LeConte Medical Center are honored to offer scholarships to members of the LeConte Medical Center family who are interested in furthering or pursuing their career in healthcare. Hospital employees, volunteers and dependent children of employees are eligible.
This year the volunteer scholarship committee presented the following awards:
- Lisa Byrd, Med Surg Department, was presented with $1000 to continue her studies toward her BS in Nursing from Western Governor’s.
- Bethany Gianelloni, Lab Department, was presented with $1000 to continue her studies toward her Medical Lab Tech Degree from Walter State Community College.
- Kara Duff, Junior Volunteer, was presented with $500 and will attending UT in the fall. Kara is graduating from Northview Academy and hopes to become a trauma surgeon.
- Carah McClurg, Junior Volunteer, was presented with $500 and will attending UT in the fall. Carah is graduating from Seymour High School and hopes to become an anesthesiologist.
- Sydney McKay, Junior Volunteer, was presented with $500 and will attending UT in the fall. Sydney is graduating from Gatlinburg-Pittman High School, and hopes to become a neurosurgeon.
Congratulations to this year’s volunteer scholarship recipients.
Photo: Scholarship committee members pictured with winners (from left to right): LeConte CFO Jackie Hounshell, LeConte CAO Jenny Hanson, Sydney McKay, Bethany Gianelloni, Kara Duff, Julia Householder (volunteer), Carah McClurg, and volunteer services coordinator Mary Bundren. Not pictured: Lisa Byrd.